Recently, I had about friends over and they were tattle me well-nig how they shop all of their photos and videos on their reckoner Oregon phone and don't even make regular local backups to USB disks operating theatre external semihard drives. This is by all odds risky, which is wherefore I consider it essential to keep a set of completely your pictures and videos online in the cloud.

Uploading photos to the cloud has a couple of advantages over storing them all locally:

1. You can well share the albums with others

2. You can access the photos and videos at any meter and usually on other devices A long as you bear an Internet connection

3. You have a backup of every your photos in case something happens to your local transcript

I always have a localized copy of my pictures and then have several copies stored in the cloud. Depending along what services you currently use up, the best answer may be different for antithetical people. In this article, I'll try to cover some of the main ways to store your photos and videos in the cloud.

store photos in cloud

Before we get into inside information, I wanted to talk about the source for all these photos and videos. In my case, there are basically three ways I ingest photos:

1. From my smartphone

2. From my digital SLR camera

3. From my digital degree-and-shoot television camera

Photos and Videos from Smartphones

Storing photos and videos you rent from a smartphone in the cloud is bad straight-forward and there are a lot of options. For Mechanical man or iOS devices, you can practice a variety of apps or built-in features to upload your photos and videos to the fog, usually automatically.

Apple has iCloud Photo Library and it workings fairly well most of the time. I've been victimization information technology for several years in real time and seaport't consort into any major issues. All you have to do is purchase both additive iCloud storage and your media testament be uploaded automatically one time the feature is enabled.

For non-Apple users, there are quite a few options. The most popular choices Hera are Google Photos, Dropbox, OneDrive or Flickr. The Google Photos app is my favorite and I use it in addition to buying iCloud repositing.

If you don't use Google Photos or Picasa , etc., you can also consumption Dropbox. Dropbox is a service that basically lets you easy "drop" files into a bucket that is then available on whatsoever twist or computer you have Dropbox installed on. And Dropbox has an app for every platform out there, including Linux, Blackberry bush, Kindle Fervidness, etc.

Dropbox also has an self-loading upload feature known as Camera Upload, which does the exact same affair as the Google Photos app. Any picture you take will be automatically uploaded to your Dropbox account when you open the app. OneDrive also works in the same room.

Indeed these apps can basically see of all your photos from any smartphone you own. They work tablets, smartphones, desktops and on many other devices too.

If you install the background program on your Mac or PC, it will then automatically synchronise all those photos and videos to the computer too, so you have an extra backup on your hardened drive in right in case.

There are separate apps equal Facebook, simply it doesn't support automatic uploading of photos and videos. Still, I perform upload photos to Facebook all the time, but I use Google Photos and Dropbox to store all my photos whereas I upload only a some advantageous ones to Facebook. Facebook is not setup to be used as a backup of totally your photos and videos.

Photos and Videos from Digital Cameras

Acquiring photos from your digital camera to the cloud is a bit different, but not very complicated either. You pretty much own all the same options as mentioned above. The only issue with SLRs is that the files can cost huge, especially for things like-minded 4K TV.

If you induce a high-speed Cyberspace connection that isn't metered, then you lav retributive drop all the files into one of your cloud synced folders and everything will be uploaded. If you are in the Apple ecosystem, you bequeath postulate to use the Photos app in Atomic number 76 X to import the media into your iCloud Photo Library. However, large video files testament quickly exhaust your storage space.

The best option for large RAW images and super high definition video is extraneous or meshwork storage that is attached topically. I previously wrote about setting up your own cloud storage using a NAS device. With this setup, you don't have to upload anything, simply you can admittance your media from anywhere.

In person, I have found that victimization some of these services in combining works out optimum. Connected my telephone set, I utilize Google Photos and iCloud Photo Library to upload my photos and videos.

For Uncooked images and 4K footage from my whole number cameras, I normally backup to a large external hard drive and backup to my Synology NAS device. However, some of these copies are local and I would lose everything if the house burned down. To counter that, I setup an Amazon AWS news report and supported up the really huge files to Amazon Glacier, which is rattling cheap. I have over 2 TB of information stored on that point and only pay like $10 a month. It's Charles Frederick Worth IT for ME.

The other useful feature of a service like Amazon Glacier is that you can save several terabytes of information onto an external hard private road and send on it to Amazon. They will copy the data to their server locally, which prevents you from having to upload all that data concluded your national Internet connecter.

Overall, IT's a good mind to store your photos and videos in the cloud on with having a local backup re-create. If you still are disoriented about something Oregon need any other assistanc, sense free to post a commentary and I'll try to help. Enjoy!